Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Damselflies and dragonflies of North America

Last year, I wrote a blog post on how I got a friend of mine in the US into butterflies. When I mentioned to her recently that we were also very much into damselflies and dragonflies, she said that there were lots of these at her garden pond and in her fields. And then I made the fatal mistake of just curiously googling for cross-pond field guides to damsels and dragons ... 

Appears there is only one field guide covering the whole of North America. Or, to be more precise, it's a pair of field guides; one for the east, one for the west. 

Yes, my 'buy-it-now' finger escaped control of my brain for just long enough ...

Of course, the real reason I ordered them is that I want to be fully prepared to recognise and identify all those American vagrants being blown across the Atlantic. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment