Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Butterfly House, Portsmouth

A truly autumnal day today, wet and windy, so we decided to go butterflying! Not as crazy as it sounds: today's butterflying was indoors ...


Portsmouth's Butterfly House provided us with a wealth of tropical American butterflies! Variable crackers, malachites, blue-frosted banners, owl butterflies, swallowtails, several species of longwings, ...









... and even a morpho, even though quite tattered!


But my absolute favourite was the smallest, and, you could argue, least-coloured species: glasswings. There were maybe 40-50 of them flitting about, and I totally fell in love with them. So please indulge me when I include just a few of the many pictures I took of these exquisite little jewels.







I even had a few land on my hand!!




No comments:

Post a Comment